Asphalt Seal Coating – Uses, Costs
Seal coating paved areas like driveways, parking lots, and others involves applying a liquid asphalt seal coating product over an existing asphalt pavement which fills small holes and cracks and also seals the surface and protects the elements. If left unsealed, water, wind, and sunlight slowly cause hardening and oxidisation of asphalt and causes it to become brittle which leads to cracking. This will lead to serious damage of asphalt paving over a few years.
Asphalt emulsion sealers are easy to apply and emit fewer volatile organic compounds (VOCs) while compared to regular coal-tar-based products.
- Asphalt Seal Coating offers preventive maintenance for asphalt paving.
- Prevents the asphalt from hardening and crumbling by which it extends the life of the pavements.
- It creates an attractive fresh black coat over the driveways and parking lots.
- Sealing protects the driveway from chemicals, salts and moisture.
- Onsite Paving provides seal coating services in a cost-effective way by repairing or surfacing the existing pavement and extending the life of your parking lots and driveways.
Asphalt Seal Coating Should Be Done At Regular Intervals
The asphalt seal coating process can be done one year after the pavement has been placed as it takes that much time for proper wear and cure of the surface. After this, driveways and parking lots should be seal coated every 2-3 years for normal use, or every year for pavements with heavy traffic.
Our Professional Seal Coating Crews Follow This Procedure For Seal Coating
Depending up on the weather forecast, select a period when dry weather is expected at a minimum of 48 hours.
- Barricade the parking lot or driveway to assure that there is no traffic.
- Do a general cleaning of the pavement by sweeping and power washing.
- Spot all prime oil spots and apply liquid sealer to deep cracks.
- Patch deep holes with asphalt patching compound and pack it firmly to ensure a flat, solid surface.
- Apply liquid asphalt seal coat with a squeegee or sprayer over the entire surface.
- Check for spots missed and rectify them.
- The second asphalt seal coating will be done the next day.
- After the last seal coat has dried about 36 hours later, remove barricades.
- Striping for parking lots can be done after 24 hours.
Onsite Paving is well experienced in undertaking projects of asphalt seal coating in Georgia for industrial and commercial properties. We are equipped with skill, equipment, and determination to provide the customers of Georgia and the surrounding counties with the best results at the most affordable prices available in the pavement industry. We look forward to serve you and provide you with the best customer service possible.